Thursday, April 8, 2010

This was me when a package arrived from Julie at Jane's Apron.

That's right. I know I may have led you to believe my personal style tends to be more 'pajama-oriented' but at that particular moment I was just hanging out in my pink vintage-chic dress and white gloves, channeling Marlo Thomas during her "That Girl" years.

Back to the package.

Appropriately, Jane's Apron was giving away a copy of Apronology (which I want to spell Apronologie thanks to Anthropologie) and yours truly was The Winner!

~*~
trumpets blare, fireworks explode, confetti falls from the sky
~*~

Julie of Jane's Apron had two of her aprons featured in the magazine and I find that amazing and inspiring! How exciting to see something you've made published. Aprons off to Julie!

Let's all turn to page 48 and admire her work. Of course, I'm especially thrilled to see she sews with vintage linens. Love that!

When Julie emailed me to tell me I had won, I babbled on about how charming her note cards are (I had admired them in her etsy shop) and she generously included a set of them in the package she sent me. Thank you Julie!

All this apron talk reminded me of some of the aprons I've made here and there -- not many but here's few.
I've read Apronology cover to cover now and seeing all those apron ideas has definitely inspired me to get my apron on. Stay tuned for further details.

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats! Looks like a great mag & I love her note cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your aprons, they should be in a magazine. I am in the process of making new kitchen curtains and found that I pulled together more than enough stuff to make the curtains and probably a dozen aprons. I guess it is time to get sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The aprons you made are just great. Julie's stuff is so fun. I bought note cards from her to give a friend for Christmas but I kept them. It's the thought that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would just cherish that magazine/book all weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the note cards.....love the style of a simpler time. (Actually, pajama chic is probably much simpler, and certainly my first choice, but doesn't translate quite as well to a notecard.) Your aprons are awesome of course. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being the big winner and loved the special effects on your blog! (trumpets blare, fireworks explode, confetti falls from the sky) Life in the kitchen is definitely more fun with a rad apron on...yours are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning! You may not have made a lot of aprons, but you've certainly made some of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your holiday aprons! So glad to hear you like the notecards...and so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    First visit to you blog and it is so lovely. I love the aprons! Please stop by and visit when you have time. I do post some vintage things from time to time.
    Best,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your aprons! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an Amy Christmas apron! Infact, did you by chance see it on my Christmas Home post last year? It is draped over a corner of the shelf in my kitchen - along with my plaid tins.

    You know, I nearly bought that issue. Now I need to go and get it! Sooooo inspiring!!

    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.