Thursday, December 31, 2009

Countdown to Crafty


I was in the mood to make something today so I made a list of 'Crafty Vintage Resolutions'. Nine things that sound like they'd be fun to do which gives me hope I might be tempted to accomplish them. Or at least start them. Sounds like there's a procrastination resolution lurking in there too.


1). Learn to Crochet
After all, I work in a Doily Factory.

2). Make a Duvet.
I've been trying to cross this off my list for a couple of years. I think I've put it off because of the avalanche of related projects that will come with the duvet - making a dust ruffle and pillows, painting the nightstands, new shades for the lamps and finding a new-to-me vintage dresser (this is a plus because of the vintage treasure hunting involved).

3)., 4). and 5). Make a Dust Ruffle & Pillows and Paint the Nightstands.

6). Make a Slipcover for the Couch. Stat.
 Don't even know if I can show you the 'before' pictures. Ack.

7). Take a Thrifting/Junking Roadtrip.
One car, one week and as many stops as possible. Maybe one passenger too. Anyone want to join in? You okay with holding stuff on your lap?

8). Go to Farm Chicks.
I missed it in 2009 so I'd love to go in 2010 and hang out with the other vintage-loving people.


9). De-Stash.
Less hoarding and more sewing as I'm now running out of space for new vintage fabric and that simply cannot happen. And then where will my as-yet-unpurchased crochet supplies go?


The vintage Christmas fabrics are now packed away and I'm starting to see colors again other than red and green. I've been working on new designs for my etsy shop and I'll do an update after January 1st. This is a little sneak peek of what's currently in the works in the Doily Factory (see Resolution No. 9).


My neighborhood today. Add 12" of snow and that's what tomorrow will look like.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!






16 comments:

  1. I love the thought of "Crafty Vintage Resolutions!" It sounds so much better than the humdrum, know I'll break 'em anyway resolutions for New Years. This is a great idea. Maybe it'll get me over the, "If I use this piece of (fill in the blank) it'll be gone forever so I better save it with all the other JUNK I'm hanging on to." I have that sickness real bad.... HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will travel with you..Lap..head..under feet and of course you can always sit on something!!!There is always room for something else that needs a home! Your closet looks devine..the warmth of the colors says..stare at me please..okay I know i'm being weird..but I am convinced the fabric speaks to you..at least it does me in the quilt shop that I visit
    monthly. Looking for that just right piece of fabric. Looking forward to your new ideas the year. Happy New Creative Year.
    Cindy of Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan! I'm planning MANY junking roadtrips, some to places I've only dreamed of visiting. BTW, your link to your etsy shop in the body of this post brings an error.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my kind of resolutions (except I really don't sew, so mine would have to involve a glue gun and glitter.) Farm Chicks and the junking roadtrip are a must do! Add lunch with me to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your post I must make a list of all the "thrifty" things I want to do in 2010.
    It sounds like fun instead of "oh,I really should do this". Happy New Year, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this idea! Hmmmm.....as I go about my day today I'm going to think of my crafty resolutions. I've been working on my creative space so I'm getting there. Thanks Amy!

    Oh and your neighborhood looks GORGEOUS! I wish we could get just a smidgen of snow here in my part of the world. Every winter Baby Bee and I hope and hope and hope that this will be the year.

    Happy, Happy, Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to compare notes, from one side of the country to the other. Your list is perfect! Wishes for a happy and healthy new year. May 2010 bring you all your heart desires.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, let me know how the duvet cover and slipcover turn out. We could use those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to go a-junking! My resolution is to buy less in the stores, and find more junk to repurpose. Don't like traveling in snow though!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your resolutions sound like fun!! Mine is to learn to knit and make a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you need to try thrifting in an entirely different part of the country - say, upstate New York. Your resolutions sound great, and I definitely hear you on the no-before-pictures thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your crafty resolution list! Such fun projects to keep you busy all winter long.

    Wishing you all the best in 2010. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure do have a wonderful list of Vintage resolutions I like that Road trip one, now that is one I would take a place in the back seat of your car when you do that one. Count me in, I love your collection of fabrics so much eye candy. Will be looking forward to seeing your New Years projects. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow look at all that fabric!...and I thought my partner had tons!! Loving your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at that STASH!!!! Holy cow!
    Your resolutions sound perfectly
    doable. LOVE your neighborhood!!!
    Looks like a winter wonderland.

    Sending you ((big hugs)) and a wish
    for a successful and very creative
    New Year!

    xoxo
    becky, mr. d and miss fee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Just have to ask... where in the PNW are you? I was born and lived in Portland OR for a couple of years. We also lived in Seattle for a while and Vancouver for a few years (Canada). My parents are now retired and living in Olympia, I have a sister in Yelm and a sister in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.