Thursday, December 10, 2009

How I Spent My Portland Vacation



Not so much a vacation as it was 48 hours spent avoiding frostbite and lip-chapping winds while sprinting from heated car to heated building during this current 'arctic blast'.

One of the heated buildings I spent time in was Monticello Antique Marketplace. This is where I like to go to unwind a bit while doing nothing but staring at lots of vintage eye candy. Here's just a little bit of what I enjoyed while successfully avoiding any 'deep thoughts'.


 
 
 
 

~~~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~~~

  I also stopped in at the Knittn'Kitten, an *amazing* craft supply thrift store and the only vintage fabric store in the Pacific NW. It's everything you might dream a thrift store could be starting with Clean! Featuring clean merchandise! Owned by nice people! Selling great stuff! At thrift store prices!


Knittn'Kitten has a terrific mix of vintage & new craft items with lots & lots to choose from. Also, in case you're like me and tend to hoard things that sometimes never get used, Knittn'Kitten buys previously owned craft supplies and crafter's estates. I should also mention their Vintage Linen Room but I kind of want to keep that a secret. I know, I'm selfish.



~~~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~~~



My final stop in Portland-feels-like-Iceland was at Value Village. I came across a few items to add to my 'things I find' etsy shop including two pretty cloches and a silver creamer & sugar set. My 'thing I find' storage cabinet is bursting with vintage stuff I need to list on etsy so that'll be a good indoor project as I wait for this 'arctic blast' to blast on out of here.

 

~~~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~~~

 

Thanks to all of you who left a comment on my giveaway post. Today is the last day to enter so please leave a comment on that post if you'd like to be included in the drawing. Good luck!



3 comments:

  1. you find the best stores and stuff!!! :D LOVE that white reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet we ran into each other and had no clue, I too visited The Value Villages in Portland. Such a delight. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have "hunted' with you! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.