Thursday, May 6, 2010

the no frills post

Because I haven't located my camera yet. And as soon as I find my 'detailed box content' list, I'm sure that whole missing camera thing will work itself out.

I've received several emails and phone calls from concerned citizens asking "How's that move going?" which, twelve days after moving day, I translate to "Exactly how long does it take you to move your stuff 4.7 miles?"

Much longer than the 'dreamworld of moving' I envisioned apparently. A dreamworld that definitely did not include moving dirty dishes. But I am thrilled (SO VERY thrilled) to announce the move is over (with only one injury, a broken-ish toe I can only blame on some late night stumbling around in too-close proximity to the business end of a suitcase wheel, forcing me to wear the same loose-fitting, sensible shoes day after day which are the perfect accessory for the unflattering, hobbled gait I've adopted) and unpacking is in full swing after a domino effect of sheetrock, paint and powerwashing. Much of the boxed-up doily factory has been sitting in a holding pattern in the living room, patiently waiting for its new space to be fine-tuned. 

I will return to our regularly scheduled blogging posthaste. I've missed our little talks. 










12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new digs! I don't think you can ever be organized moving. Something is always going to be lost....But look at the bright side - It''s going to be like Christmas opening all those boxes!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're still alive! I don't think I've moved dirty dishes, but most certainly many garbage bags of dirty laundry.
    Good times.
    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not laughing..just smiling..hurry and get unpacked and come back home to us.

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer...huge bummer..the almost broken toe and the missing camera..
    Now I would be in a full blown panic attack and it would be all hands on deck till said missing camera was found...
    you're a patienter woman than I am...LoL
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear all is coming along....moving is a real fun job....NOT! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've missed you too! Hopefully you will be all settled soon, hope your toe starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is tough, no matter how far it is. You still have to pack everything, even if you're just going next door! Glad it's over.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've missed you, too! I think it's easy to delude yourself into believing that moving a short distance is somehow easier than moving a long distance. Eager to see the new digs (and for you to find your camera.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving is never easy! But soon you will be settled in, my friend.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missed our little chats too....glad the worst is behind you! And that toe, OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to hear that you are all moved now. I don't care if you are moving next door or across the country...moving is exhausting. It takes a lot of energy and patience. Sorry to hear about the toe being thrown into the mix. Hopefully it will all turn out great after everything is unpacked.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't feel bad -- when we moved 7 miles to the next town, I carried the dirty dishes in the dish drain! That was the last trip and I was too exhausted to wash them before leaving my old house.

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.