Tuesday, July 5, 2011

With the hope something might sell



My first vintage event as a vendor is less than a month away.

Yesterday involved scrubbing some suspicious goo off of a dresser (Attention: People who sell things at yard sales -- what are you doing to your furniture?!) so today I rewarded myself by making a batch of price tags.

Much more fun than scrubbing goo.

Back in the days when I sold full-time at several antique malls, I made my price tags on my printer using little images of vintage goods.



This is when it pays to never throw anything away.



The 2011 version of those tags. A little less black than the previous ones.

I wanted to find a way to attach the tags that would leave the least amount of mess behind when the tags were removed.

And I wanted to break the chains of the grease pencil pricing cycle.



 This tape seems to be the answer.

I won a giveaway on Amy Cartwright’s blog for a cutetape gift certificate and went on a little shopping spree.

The tapes have fun motifs with just the right amount of stickiness so I don’t think a bunch of goo will be left behind when removed.



This is fabric tape – I don’t know what I’ll use it for yet but I just liked it.



 I hope I’m not counting my MacGillivray’s Warblers before they’re hatched by making these 'SOLD' tags.



Making the world a better place one glob of goo at a time. J

26 comments:

  1. Lovely tags. You're very considerate to your buyers- an easy to remove label is very important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are so vintagely sweet! Thanks for the info on the cutetape. I think you'll need lots of those SOLD tags!!! Good luck in your preparations for the show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tags and that tape! I know your items will sell like hotcakes~ or MacGillivray’s Warblers~ or whatever is selling like crazy. Okay, you know what I mean.

    Hugs,
    Jill

    PS: Don't EVEN get me started on grease pens and goo... uhg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tape. What a great idea. I loathe grease pens, sticky tags and the newest thing they do are stapling tags to the old patterns! I am quite sure you will do wonderfully...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will sell stuff just cause your tags are SO DARN CUTE! Looking forward to seeing your spot in person...you will ROCK IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tags look awesome! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tags are adorable... just the added touch of detail to make a purchase memorable. Good luck with your sale!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tag making is ever so much more fun than just about anything else (except the actual purchasing) and certainly far more satisfying than goo removal. You're a good person, worrying about residue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute tags!! I am sure you will have a successful sale. Be sure to take lots of pictures!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tags are adorable. Will they say Into Vintage?
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tags and the tape. Let's start a signature campaigne to make the grease pencils and those sticky stickers that come off in little pieces illegal. Oh! and don't forget the original boxes that are taped shut with packing tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Amy,
    I love your new tags. I would have never thought of using such materials to make tags. Just so cute and creative. Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tags and I just know you will do great at the sale. Wish I could just come and hang out with you, but as you know, I'll be busy (hopefully) selling too. Hope we can get together for lunch again soon. After July 30th of course.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't worry! You will do GREAT!!!
    Loving all the homemade tags
    Xxx Liz
    Ps. You have to give some tips. I am considering doing one in a few weeks. My bff keeps on suggesting it. Humm????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tags and plan! Surely your warblers will all fly away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diggin' those tags Miss Amy! I've been coveting that decorative tape as well. Love the possibilities. Can't wait to visit your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super super super cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for speaking out on behalf of all "goo haters." Your little tags are perfect and I think you should make up more of the SOLD tags. I think you're going to need them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These tags are sooo cute! What a great idea! I hate those grease pencils too! :) Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have goo to remove to tea pots this evening! Fun ;)

    I love your tags- the colorful twine and paint is an excellent idea. Seriously might have to borrow these ideas. The more color and personality for your tags, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. me thinks you could sell these very cool tags on etsy! adorable! and so very ungoobular (a compliment)!

    happy weekend ~

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are brilliant! So clever. Good luck with your upcoming event.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amy your tags are DROP DEAD ADORABLE....I KNOW if I were able to attend I'd BUY YOU OUT.... :o) !!!!!

    I'm sure it'll be a BRILLIANT event for you....!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. ohhh how fun, glad you got some gorgeous goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how you labeled things with a vintage touch. I'd love to know where you found the tiny images of the vintage goods.

    ReplyDelete

I love this part! Thanks for your comment.